Header Ads

MY 2020 FAVORITES!

So 2020, what a year right? Between the state of the world and our own emotional and mental states, 2020 was nothing short of a rollercoaster but despite everything, there were a couple things that managed to get me through the craziest year of most of our lives. So let's stop wasting time and get into my 2020 favorites!

P.S. I've made all the names of the things I've talked about as clickable links incase you want to check it out more or purchase something on the list!


APPS



1. YouVersion Bible App: This app gives you a bible scripture everyday which you can save or share. It also has mini bible classes that seem like "instastories". You can also search scriptures pertaining to your need at the moment. 

2. DuoLingo: Although I've tried many different language learning apps, I always come back to Duolingo. It has really helped me kick start my French studies. You learn vocabulary, practice listening with stories and podcasts and they even have online language exchanges!

3. Reddit: A classic but essential app for me. I get everything from news to entertainment to advice all in one place. 

4. Pinterest: The ultimate app for me. I get ideas for art pieces, outfits, makeup, skincare, ideas for classes with students. It is a must have.

5. Peoople: I absolutely love this app. It's a little bit like Pinterest but if you're a foodie like me, you will love it. You can create categories like restaurants, cafes, gifts, series, video games etc. Once you click on a particular item you can read reviews and links to where you can purchase them. If you use it for mainly food like me, the app shows a map of the restaurant's location, reviews, average price and a link to make a reservation. You can also earn money on the app and they always have amazing giveaways!

6. Fintonic: If you are trying to save and budget or just need a reality check when it comes to the way you spend your money, this is the app for you.

7. Diner Dash Adventures: I know it's super random but come on it's a classic, it's Flo and the gang. 


BEAUTY AND SKINCARE 


1. Kiko Unlimited Double Touch: This is my go to lip color (although with the mask you'd never know). One side is a matte lip color and the other side is the gloss to go on top. It's so natural and smells amazing. 

2. MORPHE X Jaclyn Hill Palette Volume 1: I snagged this on sale and I don't regret it. I love the variety of colors, the pay off  and the fact that it just blends so well.

3. MORPHE Micro Brow Pencil: I love this eyebrow pencil, it really does give me a natural but defined eyebrow look.

4. Bioderma Pigmentbio Micellar Water: This product melts my makeup off and doesn't give off that residual slightly sticky feeling that most micellar waters do. It targets hyperpigmentation as well and really has contributed to my brighter and more even skin.

5. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: I don't know what it is but this year saw me with the driest, most cracked lips ever and this has saved it. It is a bit of an investment but worth it!


PRODUCTS 



1. Reusable Metal Straws: I can't tell you the last time I used a plastic straw. I use these to drink my teas and coffees (to avoid teeth stains too) and the little spoolie is perfect for cleaning the inside.

2. Greenzla Reusable Makeup Remover Pads: These are great for applying toner or taking off my makeup. They also come with a laundry bag which you can toss in the washing machine and not worry about the pads being destroyed.

3. Sunmay Leaf Sonic Facial Cleansing Brush: If you don't wanna fork out the money for a Foreo, then this is the product for you. It basically does the same thing for less than half the price.

4. Mini Pilates Elastic Bands: When the quarantine hit, I had no choice but to work out at home and this really kicked my workouts up a notch. There are 3 bands which provide 3 different levels of resistance and all 3 cost less than 5 euros in Decathlon.

5. Starbucks Nespresso Capsules: Honestly, I know this is very basic of me but I honestly love these capsules. First of all it fills the kitchen with such an amazing aroma and then the taste is just divine. I don't care what anyone says, I love them ok!


FASHION


1. Little Black Slip Dress: I can't tell you how many times I've worn this style of dress. In the summer it's a lightweight option and during colder months you can wear it with a t-shirt or sweater or turtle neck or cardigan....you get the idea. It is versatile and the styling options are endless.

2. Fedora: A fedora can give you that effortless chic look. That's it. That's all. Get you a fedora.

3. Gold Hoop Earrings: I can't really say much besides that these go with every outfit and every look. It's up to you to decide the size and thickness that suits you best but there is no doubt that it looks good on everyone.

4. Combat Boots: This is another thing that I wear all year round because of its' versatility. I just love how comfortable they are and the edgy look it gives me.

5. Longchamp Le Pliage Original Tote: This bag is sturdy and it is the closest thing you will have to a bag like Mary Poppins. I mean this bag really holds everything and then some.


BOOKS 

1. If I had your Face: This was hands down my favorite read of 2020. I loved it so much that I made a separate blog post that you can read here.

2. Un Cuento Perfecto: Elisabet Benavent always knows how to take me on an emotional rollercoaster and this one was no different. I hope 2021 has more good reads by her.

3. Solo una Idiota se Enamora: This is a quick, light hearted read that reminds us all of how we get when we fall head over heels for someone and ignore all the red flags.

4. Sempiterno: My favorite book of prose and phrases and the artwork is beyond stunning. 

5. No Eres mi Tipo: If you want a good laugh then this is the book for you. It's one of those books that you rush through and then get mad at yourself for finishing so fast.

6. Paris Syndrome: If you are unfamiliar with the severe psychological condition referred to as Paris Syndrome then I recommend this book. Think of it as if someone were explaining this syndrome to you but using an anecdote to help you better understand.


MUSIC


When it comes to music, I really had these artists on repeat and my Spotify yearly round up showed that. So in this category, I'll just put the name, the language and two or three song recommendations!

Angèle - French - Oui ou non, Balance ton quoi, Tout oublier

C.Tangana - Spanish - Tu me dejaste de querer, Nunca Estoy 

Claire Laffut - French - Verite, Gare du Nord, La Fesse

Guitarricadelafuente - Spanish - Nana Triste, Guantamera, Agua y Mezcal

Lolo Zouaï - French and English - Beaucoup, Moi, High Highs to Low Lows, Blue

Natalia Lacunza - Spanish - Nana Triste, Olvidate de mi, Olivia, Tarantula

Noah Cyrus - English - July, Good Cry, Mad at You, Lonely, Make Me 

(and yes she's Miley Cyrus' little sister)


MOVIES 

So just enjoy this picture of the gorgeous Alain Delon instead ok?

I was going to do a movies section but this year I really only watched French New Wave (Nouvelle Vague) films and I did a post on 20 of my favorite ones, so I'll just link it here!


So there you have it, my 2020 favorites. I feel like I had some good stuff but it low key made me realize how much money I spend on things so I'm hoping this year is a year of reflection but also saving and treating myself only when necessary!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.