Header Ads

TOP 20 FIGHTING GAMES YOU NEED TO PLAY!

Image Credit: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Kazaxat/fighting-game-characters-image

So one of the free games for PS+ subscribers this month (September 2020) is Street Fighter V. So that got me thinking, as someone who is a self proclaimed fighting game connoisseur (haha!), what would be my top 20 fighting games of all time? Thus, this post was born, so....sit back, relax and maybe get your wallets ready in case you wanna get some of these awesome games! 
I should also note that this list was made in no particular order and many games have various versions. I haven't listed specific versions but rather the series themselves. Okay,so lets get down to it!

1. STREET FIGHTER 


There are so many versions of Street Fighter which makes it so incredibly hard to choose a few.  My personal favorites are Street Fighter EX 2 Plus, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter V.



Did you know that they made a Street Fighter movie? Cool? Right? ...but..the movie wasn't that great so watch it at your own risk.

2. KING OF FIGHTERS



I can honestly say that is the game I was best at. Just like Street Fighter, there are tons of versions of KoF but my personal favorite will always be KoF Maximum Impact 2!




3. DEAD OR ALIVE



 DoA 6 is definitely a fave and guess what? There are characters from King of Fighters available! (Kula and Mai) 




Also DoA has a movie adaptation that I really, surprisingly enjoyed. Check it out if you have the time!



4. RIVAL SCHOOLS


Okay, so, am I the only one that played this game or what? I was so into volleyball when I was younger and to play this game was like the closest I could get to playing it without actually being on the court.



5. DARKSTALKERS 




Another underrated but really often overlooked (in my opinion) game. Hello, this game gave us characters like Morrigan and Baby Bonnie Hood, how can we not love it?





6. TOUHOU HISOUTENSOKU


Ahh, a next game that the Lord alone knows where or how I got it. It looks so cute but later you see that the game play is fast paced and all around pretty fun.




7. TEKKEN


I mean how can we make a list of fighting games and not include the one and only Tekken? I am still an avid Tekken 7 player and will be until they release another!



There were also two Tekken movies but you know, they weren't that great but you can watch it for the nostalgia.

8. MARVEL VS. CAPCOM


Ahhh the good ole days when you had to choose between your favorite X-men or favorite Street Fighter character. This was one of the best versus games and I killed so much time at the arcade playing it.



 I'm personally a big fan of MVC 1 and 2 but the others are totally great as well! The MVC Infinite lets you play as your favorite avengers and I mean you can never go wrong there!



9. NARUTO: ULTIMATE NINJA


Ok so this game is so simple but yet so good. There is a story mode, a free battle mode and an online mode and boy let me tell you, if you decide to play online, you better be prepared because people there are so skilled and will end you so fast haha.


My favorite one is Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road to Boruto but I think all are fairly decent when it comes to quality and game play.


I should also mention that in Naruto there is single mode and tag team mode (up to a team of 3, like in the anime)

10. BLAZBLUE






11. SOUL CALIBUR 


Another iconic game in the fighting world. The online competition is fierce in this game and the mods that allow you to make your own character are never ending. BTW, did anyone ever fight a lady gaga in this game or was it just me?



Did you guys think that I was kidding about the Lady Gaga thing?



12. GUILTY GEAR
 

I remember playing this with my cousins, button smashing and screaming that I wanted to be the girl with the anchor. Now, I have it for my PS4 and it's still as much fun as I remember.



See? Girl with the anchor. Now I know that she's called May ^_^

13. MORTAL KOMBAT


Now you guys know there could never exist a list without this game. It's the game that gave us classic lines such as FINISH HIM and FATALITY. You also know it's not for the weak of stomach haha.




I mean look at how far we've come, graphics and all.


You know it even gave us a pretty decent movie too...

14. CAPCOM VS SNK


I mean, I can't put MvC and not Capcom vs SNK. This was an epic crossover that deserved all the coins I spent playing it in the arcade.




15. INJUSTICE


Although I'm a Marvel gal, I gotta give credit where credit is due. Injustice lets you play your favorite DC Characters in this fast paced fun game.




16. SKULL GIRLS


I haven't really played this a lot but I know it's a big hit in the fighting game world. 



There is also a mobile version of the game available on both Android and iOS.

17. DRAGON BALL FIGHTER Z 


Honestly, this game is so good. So fast paced, so many explosive combos. It makes you feel like you're right in the anime haha.




18. SMASH MELEE


You guys know I had to put this in the list. This was an epic crossover that deserved to be on every platform. *cries*



19. KILLER INSTINCT 






20. JUMP FORCE 


Okay so I have to be honest, this isn't my favorite game. I don't know why, I just can't get into it but being unbiased, I do know that it has a decent following and who doesn't love playing their favorite anime characters?



Ahh the nostalgia...


So...there you guys have it! My top 20 fighting games that you need to play. What do you think? Did I forget your favorite or did it make the cut?

WAIIIIITTTTTT!

Before you go, I wanna talk about something that is kind of like a fighting game but not quite. Have you guys ever heard of M.U.G.E.N? It's a fighting game engine which basically allows you to create your own fighting game with various characters from games and tv shows. I mean, I remember playing against my cousin as Michael Jackson and he was playing as Homer Simpson. If you really wanna make your own game, I suggest you check it out!



Do you see all those characters in this roster? Come on now... This is epic!

Also thanks to my boys Mike, Declan and Kedar for helping me out with this one!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.